Wisconsin Harmony Valley Farms Sweet Corn Soup
Prep Time: approximately 30 minutes
Servings: approximately 6
- 9 ears sweet corn
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- Dried red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 ½ cups Coffee Rich®
- 2 cups cooking cream
- 4 tsp chopped fresh chives or scallion tops
- Using a sharp knife cut the kernels from the cobs. With a table knife, scrape the "milk" from the cobs into a bowl.
- Lightly sauté the onions, salt, white pepper and red pepper flakes in the margarine for approximately 3 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until the onions are soft, approximately 8 minutes.
- Take cover off of the pan and continue cooking until all liquid has evaporated and the onions are beginning to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels, Coffee Rich® and cooking cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor, puree and strain.
- Reheat before serving and garnish with the chives.
- Note: Summer Squash can be used in the place of corn.